As we embark on this new world of group travel, the health and well-being of our travelers, our team, and the communities we visit remain our top priority. The information below outlines the actions we are taking for you.
Based on current CDC recommendations and international industry standards, our team has worked with our suppliers, Expedition Leaders and Travel Directors to develop enhanced health and hygiene protocols for the safety of our guests that will be implemented while on tour. These protocols, including enhanced sanitization processes and physical distancing on motor coaches and excursions, will be shared in detail with guests in advance of the final payment due dates and are included with final documents.
Our Expedition Leaders and Travel Directors have been trained in implementing these enhanced precautions aimed at helping our guests travel in comfort and with peace of mind. Our team will work to create a safe and enjoyable experience and should the unlikely happen, is prepared to respond and assist guests while on tour. In addition, our team on the ground is in contact with Orbridge headquarters 24/7 while guests are on tour.
Arriving to a Tour
Guests will be required to attend the welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and not be able to participate.
Health and Hygiene While on Tour
Guests will be asked to follow these guidelines:
- Clean your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, after touching surfaces frequently touched by others, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, and before touching your face or eating.
- If soap and water are not available, as while onboard the motor coach or similar, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with others and maintain a distance of 6 feet between you and others outside of your family group when possible.
- We kindly ask that you wear a facemask when with the group or in public spaces.
- We suggest avoiding handshakes. Perhaps consider greeting your fellow travelers with a hello and a smile or a nod.
- We recommend opening doors with your closed fist or hip or hold with a tissue. Try not to grasp the handle with your hand unless there is no other way to open the door. Be extra careful when using bathroom and commercial doors.
- In your hotel rooms or ship staterooms, be mindful to wash your hands after touching door knobs, light switches, luggage handles, and zippers, the TV remote, or telephone. Use knuckles or elbows to touch elevator buttons.
Motor Coach Protocol
Orbridge is maintaining a database with the cleaning protocols for all of our vendors. We have established that motor coach operators will meet the below minimum standards:
- HVAC systems will be specially filtered and running at all times to continually refresh cabin air.
- To improve the cabin air refresh rate, personal overhead a/c control will be disabled and drivers will maintain a cooler than normal onboard temperature.
- Fogger-mist systems will be used between group charters for sanitizing cabin and luggage compartments.
- Drivers will sanitize all common areas each time guests are absent from vehicles.
- Front seats behind the driver will be left vacant.
- All seats will be assigned and guests arranged every other row for distancing purposes.
- Prepared take-away meals may be necessary in place of buffet or self-serve options.
- Limited capacity and staggered meal times may apply due to local ordinances.
- Restaurants may vary and are subject to change based on hours of operation.
Hotel and Villa Protocol
- When possible, hotel rooms will not be occupied for 24 hours prior to our group’s arrival.
- Hotels may minimize select amenities in rooms in order to streamline sanitization. These amenities will still typically be available upon request.
- Touchless practices when available will be utilized, for check-in, payments, tickets, and waivers.
- Pools, spas, fitness centers, and other hotel amenities may be closed per local ordinances.
What You Can Do
Especially in this time of great change, we remain steadfast in our commitment to provide guests with memorable, enriching, and educational experiences around the globe. There are small steps you can take to help ensure the well-being of yourself and fellow travelers:
- To ensure your peace of mind, we encourage you to purchase travel insurance that meets your needs. Our Guest Services team or your organization can provide further details.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling ill, please remain at home.
- Bring a mask or face covering from home and wear it as often as possible, especially when physical distancing may be difficult.
- Be cognizant of physical distancing from fellow travelers, giving at least six feet of space when possible.
- Follow the suggested guidelines above regarding personal sanitizing.
Before your departure, you will receive the latest information and guidelines concerning the protocols required at each destination.