Travel Director — North American Tours
ORBRIDGE Destination Specialists
100% Remote—North America $350.00 - $400.00 Per Day
Contractual—Part Time - Seasonal Flexible—Dependent on program dates
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Travel Director with a strong background in Tour Directing within North America, specifically in the areas our itineraries visit. You will play a crucial role in providing exceptional service and guidance to groups of well-educated guests while ensuring a seamless travel experience. You will work closely with Orbridge Expedition Leaders, traveling lecturers, and hosts from our partners to create enriching experiences for our travelers.
Orbridge, founded in 2008, is a rapidly expanding high-end tour operator that specializes in educational tours for small groups in unique destinations. We prioritize excellent customer service and quality travel experiences. Our primary client base includes alumni organizations from universities across the country, and we are expanding into new markets as we grow. The company office is in Poulsbo, WA.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Tour Directing Experience: The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading tours in the National Parks of the Southwestern and Western United States, Alaska, and/or Canada. Your ability to manage logistics, address challenges, provide informative commentary, and ensure the satisfaction of all participants is essential.
- Working with High-End Well-Educated Guests: Experience in providing top-notch service to discerning travelers who have a strong interest in natural history and educational experiences.
- Coordination with Expedition Leaders and Other Staff: The ability to work alongside Orbridge Expedition Leaders, drivers, and other program staff to coordinate responsibilities and ensure a harmonious and enriching experience for travelers.
- Excellent Customer Service: You must possess exceptional customer service skills to ensure that travelers have a seamless and enjoyable experience. The ability to anticipate and respond to travelers' needs and concerns is crucial.
- Computer and Technology Skills – Ability to use email, internet, texting, mobile phone apps, MS Word, Excel; familiarity with A/V equipment and using PA or sound devices. This position requires the use of your personal cell phone and/or computer for communication while traveling.
- Solid Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Organizational and Basic Accounting Skills – Ability to adequately track expenses, review invoices and receipts, distribute cash gratuities, and complete and submit detailed expense reports in a timely manner while traveling.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – The ability to adapt to changing conditions and unforeseen situations.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of guided tours throughout North America, including managing logistics, schedules and safety procedures.
- Provide informative commentary on the natural history, cultural significance, and ecological diversity of the areas visited.
- Collaborate with Expedition Leaders to ensure a smooth and enriching experience for travelers.
- Prioritize the well-being and satisfaction of all travelers, addressing their needs and inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Respond to and address all challenges in a prompt, professional and positive manner to ensure the smooth running of the tour.
- Adhere to Orbridge’s standards, policies, and procedures while leading tours.
- Attend occasional training and calls as needed for tour preparation and evaluation.
- Communicate with Orbridge HQ staff with timely and detailed reports, analyze guest reviews, debrief programs, and incorporate improvements.
- Manage and track ground expenses including cash gratuities and payments by credit card, and submit reports and receipts, accounting for all in a timely manner.
- Proven experience as a Tour Director particularly in the areas we travel to.
- Skill in interpreting natural history and preparing engaging educational content.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a genuine passion for making travelers’ experiences unforgettable.
- First aid and CPR certification (preferred).
- Strong leadership and problem-solving abilities with the capacity to make independent decisions.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and unforeseen situations.
- Ability to work alongside an Expedition Leader, sharing responsibilities as required in a professional and seamless manner.
- High level of integrity, responsibility, patience, and enthusiasm.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to email@example.com
For more company information, please visit our website at Orbridge - Destination Specialists