Operations Program Manager
ORBRIDGE Destination Specialists
100% Remote $60,000 - $65,000.00
Full-Time - Flexible Schedule Medical, Paid Time Off, Floating Holiday, & 401(k)
Monday – Friday Employee Travel Discount
Full Job Description:
We are seeking a full-time Operations Program Manager to join our Operations team to oversee tour development, management, and execution including vendor relationships, itinerary planning, departure manifests, marketing content, and Travel Director coordination. This position works closely with the Marketing, Partner Services, and Guest Services departments, and requires the ability to work individually as well as within collaborative environments.
Orbridge, founded in 2008, is a rapidly expanding high-end tour operator that specializes in educational tours for small groups in unique destinations. We prioritize excellent customer service and quality travel experiences. Our primary client base includes alumni organizations from universities across the country, and we are expanding into new markets as we grow. The company office is in Poulsbo, WA.
The Operations Program Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and liaise with external vendors, internal departments, Travel Directors, and occasionally clients. Some travel will be required along with a flexible work schedule including some after hours and weekends monitoring programs.
• Oversee destination program management including itinerary development, vendor procurement, contracts, maintenance of program quality standards, and continuous process improvement.
• Monitor actively running, assigned programs and contingency plan.
• Willingness to travel occasionally (domestically and/or internationally) for site inspections and destination familiarization.
• Research vendors, gather quotes and program costs, analyze feasibility, and establish vendor relationships.
• Review vendor agreements with internal teams, negotiate terms, and execute contracts.
• Manage space and service commitments according to vendor agreement terms and conditions including space release and cancellation deadlines on assigned programs.
• Spearhead pre-departure conference calls with Travel Directors, travel planners, and guests.
• Organize lists of supplies and send them to Travel Directors and Destination Management Companies.
• Prepare manifests and Travel Director details for departures.
• Collaborate with Travel Directors; assist with guide training on programs.
• Evaluate vendor performance to quality standards, maintain vendor communication, obtain proper approvals for change management, ensure compliance with agreement terms and company policy.
• Review vendor invoices and Travel Director expense reports and approve for payment processing.
• Provide program details and proof content for marketing department.
• Provide program set-up for proprietary reservation system.
• Review and update guest documents.
• Respond in a timely manner to service requests from internal partners and manage through to resolution.
• Design technical itinerary narratives.
• Create guest surveys, analyze reviews and Travel Direct trip reports, debrief programs, and incorporate improvements.
• Three years operations experience, preferably within the travel or hospitality industry.
• Impeccable attention to detail and ability to prioritize and focus with efficiency.
• Contract negotiation experience preferred.
• Highly motivated and high level of initiative.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills; compose and proofread correspondence and spreadsheets with high accuracy.
• Experience with MS applications in the MS 365 Office Suite and Google applications in the Google Workspace; Basecamp2 or other collaboration/project management program, Dropbox, and Adobe Acrobat.
• PC and Mac experience preferred.
• Prior world travel experience a plus.
How to Apply:
Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.