Operations Program Manager
Orbridge is a tour company specializing in high-end, affinity group travel located on Bainbridge Island, WA. We prioritize excellent customer service and quality travel experiences.
We are seeking a full-time Program Manager to join our Operations team to oversee tour development, management, and execution including vendor relationships, itinerary planning, departure manifests, marketing content, and Travel Director coordination. This position works closely with the Marketing, Partner Services, and Guest Services departments, and requires the ability to work individually as well as within collaborative environments.
The Program Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and liaise with external vendors.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee destination program development and maintenance including itinerary
development, vendor procurement and contracts, and program quality standards.
• Collaborate with Travel Directors; assist with guide training on programs
• Research vendors, gather quotes and program costs, and analyze feasibility
• Provide program details and proof content for Marketing
• Provide program set-up for proprietary reservation system
• Review and update guest documents
• Prepare manifests and Travel Director details for departures
• Create technical itinerary narratives
• Spearhead pre-departure conference calls with Travel Directors, travel planners, and guests
• Organize and send supplies to Travel Directors
• Review vendor invoices and Travel Director expense reports and approve for payment processing
• Create guest surveys, analyze reviews and Travel Director trip reports, debrief programs, and incorporate improvements
• Willingness to travel occasionally (domestically and/or internationally) for site inspections and destination familiarization
• Impeccable attention to detail and ability to multi-task with efficiency
• 3 years operations experience, preferably within the travel industry
• Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Experience with Google applications including Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and Meet; Basecamp or other project management program, Dropbox and Adobe Acrobat
• Mac familiarity preferred
• Prior world travel experience a plus
This is a full-time, DOE salaried, remote position. When applying, please list your salary history and salary expectation or your submission will not be considered. Some travel will be required along with a flexible work schedule including some weekend and after hours' coverage. Current position is 100% remote.
In our 14th year, we are a growing travel organization that specializes in educational tour programs for small groups in unique destinations. Our primary base includes alumni organizations from universities across the country, and we are expanding into new markets as we grow. We're located in the Puget Sound of Washington State, a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle.