Expedition Leader — North American Tours
ORBRIDGE Destination Specialists
100% Remote—North America $350.00 - $400.00 Per Day
Contractual—Part Time - Seasonal Flexible—Dependent on program dates
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Expedition Leader with a strong background in leading tours, naturalist expertise, and a passion for delivering exceptional travel experience. As an Expedition Leader, you will be responsible for guiding and educating our guests on the natural history, cultural significance and ecological diversity found in our National Parks and the other regions in which we work.
Orbridge, founded in 2008, is a rapidly expanding high-end tour operator that specializes in educational tours for small groups in unique destinations. We prioritize excellent customer service and quality travel experiences. Our primary client base includes alumni organizations from universities across the country, and we are expanding into new markets as we grow. The company office is in Poulsbo, WA.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Group Tour Experience: The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience leading multi-day tours with groups of 24+ people, particularly in the context of the National Parks or other North American regions. You should be proficient in managing group logistics, providing informative commentary, and ensuring the safety and satisfaction of all participants.
- Naturalist Experience: A deep understanding of the natural world, ecosystems, and the ability to communicate this knowledge effectively is essential. This includes being able to interpret natural history, identify local flora and fauna, and provide in-depth insights into the geological, ecological, and cultural aspects of the areas visited.
- Interpreting Natural History: You should have a knack for interpreting natural history, bringing the surroundings to life with engaging stories and insights. Your ability to connect travelers with the environment through storytelling is a valuable skill.
- Lecture Preparation: The ideal candidate should be capable of preparing and delivering informative and engaging lectures and presentations related to the regions and topics of interest. These lectures should educate, inspire, and enrich the guest’s experience.
- Excellent Customer Service: You must possess exceptional customer service skills to ensure that travelers have a seamless and enjoyable experience. The ability to anticipate and respond to travelers' needs and concerns is crucial.
- Coordination with Travel Directors and other staff: The ability to work alongside Orbridge Travel Directors, drivers, or other program staff to coordinate responsibilities and ensure a harmonious and enriching experience for travelers is essential.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of guided tours within National Parks and surrounding areas, including logistics, itineraries, and safety procedures.
- Interpret and convey the natural history, cultural significance, and ecological systems of the regions visited through narration, lectures, discussions, and activities.
- Prioritize the well-being and satisfaction of all travelers, addressing their needs and inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Respond to and address all challenges in a prompt, professional and positive manner to ensure the smooth running of the tour.
- Adhere to Orbridge’s standards, policies, and procedures while leading tours.
- Attend occasional training and calls as needed for tour preparation.
- Communicate with Orbridge HQ staff with timely and detailed reports, analyze guest reviews, debrief programs, and incorporate improvements.
- Proven experience as an Expedition Leader particularly in the areas we travel to.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for natural history, and/or history & culture, or a bachelor's degree with major coursework in the natural sciences or related field with the ability to convey complex ecological concepts in an understandable and relatable manner.
- Skill in interpreting natural history and preparing engaging educational content.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a genuine passion for making travelers’ experiences unforgettable.
- First aid and CPR certification (preferred).
- Strong leadership and problem-solving abilities with the capacity to make independent decisions.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing conditions and unforeseen situations.
- Ability to work alongside a Travel Director, sharing responsibilities as required in a professional and seamless manner.
- High level of integrity, maturity, patience, and enthusiasm.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to email@example.com
For more company information, please visit our website at Orbridge - Destination Specialists