We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements
Beginning September 1, 2021, Ecuador requires all international visitors over the age of 16 arriving to the Galapagos Islands to:
1. Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination administered at least two weeks prior to arrival on tour, including both doses when it is a two-dose vaccine; AND
2. Provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the flight to the Galapagos Islands; AND
3. Complete a Galapagos Transit Control Card online or at the airport; AND
4. Provide proof of travel insurance.
Please note that upon arrival into Ecuador, all international visitors must:
1. Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination administered at least two weeks prior to arrival on tour, including both doses when it is a two-dose vaccine; OR
2. Provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival in Ecuador
3. Complete a Health Declaration Form upon arrival
While international visitors have the choice of showing proof of vaccination or a negative PCR COVID-19 test upon arrival to Quito, Ecuador, please remember that proof of COVID-19 vaccination is REQUIRED for entering the Galapagos Islands.
Additionally, health officials will check travelers upon arrival for symptoms related to COVID-19. Any visitor entering Ecuador with suspected cases will be required to have an on-the-spot COVID test. Guests must await the results of the test at the airport or in quarantine. If the result is positive, the traveler will need to isolate for 10 days in an accommodation of their choice and at their expense. In the event that the COVID test result is negative, the traveler may continue with the trip. All travelers will be required to complete a Health Declaration form upon arrival. If you are entering Ecuador from another country other than the United States, you should check for specific requirements or restrictions with your airline carrier and embassy.
Your previous negative test result may be used for Galapagos entry provided it was also taken within 72 Hours of the flight to the Galapagos Islands. If the initial test was taken more than 72 hours prior to the flight to the Galapagos Islands, our Ecuadorian ground team will arrange for and cover all costs associated with this additional test. In an effort to minimize disruption to the tour, should you require additional testing, we have arranged for the medical team to administer them at your hotel. We invite you to contact our guest services team to gauge the most optimal testing window for your itinerary.
In addition to the proof of vaccination OR the negative test result, guests will be required to provide proof of travel insurance that includes travel medical coverage. A copy of a travel insurance policy showing medical coverage is included (or a letter from the insurance carrier verifying medical coverage) will be necessary. Additionally, before the Galapagos flight, guests will complete online or at the airport a Galapagos Transit Control Card for entry. Our Ecuadorian ground team will be assisting guests as needed to ensure a smooth process.
- If you are participating in the optional Mashpi Lodge Pre-Tour, the same negative test or vaccine documents will need to be provided prior to boarding your transfer to Mashpi Lodge.
If you are continuing to Peru for the Machu Picchu post-tour, visitors will be asked to show proof of having two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination to enter, along with a completed health affidavit. If you have a COVID-19 vaccination that is one-dose, a negative PCR test is required within 72 hours of boarding your flight. Our ground team in Ecuador will arrange and cover the cost of this test for you in order to meet this requirement if you do not have proof of a two dose COVID-19 vaccination.
- a negative PCR test is required within 72 hours of boarding your flight OR a negative ANTIGEN test is required within 24 hours of boarding your flight along with a completed health affidavit. Our ground team in Ecuador will arrange and cover the cost of this test for you in order to meet this requirement.
There are no restrictions for entering Ecuador or Peru as long as travelers abide by the COVID-19 testing protocols detailed above.
- While inside both Lima and Cusco airports and on flights within and to Peru, all individuals are required to wear a surgical type mask AND a face shield. Our ground team will have shields available in the event you do not have your own. Cloth masks are not considered acceptable per Peru requirements.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Peru does not accept proof of vaccination in place of testing requirements at this time. All guests should be prepared for testing whether they have had a vaccine or have not.
- Ecuador, including the Galapagos Islands, requires face coverings to be worn at all times in public. Peru requires both a surgical type face mask and face shield.
- The Galapagos Islands requires all individuals to carry international travel insurance that includes medical coverage that can be used in the country in the event of medical emergency or in case individuals are diagnosed with COVID-19 while visiting. Please contact our Guest Services department at email@example.com in advance of your departure for more information.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Guests should log-in to their airline’s website/mobile app in advance of their flight to complete any health questions/documentation upload that is required by their airline. This can oftentimes be done in advance of checking in for the flight and arriving at the airport. Then, within 24 hours of your scheduled flight, log back into your airline’s website/mobile app to check in for your flight, check bags, and access boarding passes.
- If you are continuing on to the Machu Picchu post-tour, all individuals are required to wear a surgical-type mask AND a face shield inside the airport and during flights to and within Peru. Cloth masks are not considered acceptable per Peru requirements.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test within 72 hours before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline.
- For guests departing Ecuador back to the U.S. or continuing on to Peru, our ground team will arrange for this test in Ecuador and the associated costs will be payable at time of service. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must then be provided to the airline. Guests who test positive at the end of the tour will need to quarantine at a government-approved facility or hotel at their own expense until a negative test result has been received.
- For Machu Picchu post tour guests departing Peru back to the U.S., our Peruvian ground team will arrange for the required testing to be performed. Costs for this test range from $50.00 to $130.00 dependent on the type of test performed and is payable at the time of service. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must then be provided to the airline.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
Please note that this page and Orbridge.com/Wellness is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. This environment for travel is constantly evolving and as such, it is advised that you regularly check this page so that you are aware of the most current information for your tour. If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at 866-639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to assist.
This information is up-to-date as of September 8, 2021.