- 8 Days
- Activity Level
- Group Size
We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements
- Travelers will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (for passengers 18 years of age and older) administered at least two weeks prior to arrival to the cruise. At this time, there are no COVID-19 testing requirements in place. Testing is subject to change.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
- Some sites visited on the itinerary may have modified service or hours of operation. Your Orbridge Expedition Leader will share any updates each day with guests.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Face coverings are NO LONGER required by federal mandate on all public transportation. Guests are encouraged, but not required, to wear face masks while aboard the motorcoach and other program transportation except where locally mandated. This policy is subject to change based on federal policy in place at the time of your tour. Your on-tour staff will advise of any updated information that would be applicable to your departure. It is important you bring masks with you while traveling should policies change.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés may be operating at limited capacity. Your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
- The Chichagof Dream will be thoroughly sanitized prior to boarding and throughout your voyage to assure the healthiest environment possible. On board the ship, touchless thermometers are readily available to take temperatures. All staterooms, common areas, galleys and dining rooms will be cleaned daily with EPA-approved virus-killing disinfectants. Additionally, a sterilizing UV light has been installed on all onboard HVAC/vent systems and there is no shared air between individual cabins. A disinfectant-infused carpet at the head of the gangway will also clean the bottoms of shoes to limit outside contamination on the boat decks. Please note that some dining times and educational presentations may be staggered to increase physical distancing while aboard.
- On the Denali pre-tour, the train and deluxe motor coaches utilize ByoGlobe electrostatic sprayers to disinfect each rail car and motor coach and enhanced sanitation protocols are in place, including more frequent disinfecting of surfaces and community spaces.
- Face coverings will be required for Jimmy Hendrick's presentation occurring during the Denali pre-tour.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To help answer common questions related to the COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for upcoming Discover Southeast Alaska cruises this summer, the following information has been compiled.
Will any vaccinations be acceptable to meet this requirement and when must it be administered?
Yes, Orbridge will accept proof of any vaccination that is available to the general public. The vaccine must be administered at least two weeks prior to embarkation, including both doses if you have a type of vaccine that is a two-dose vaccine. Boosters are not required.
What type of proof of vaccination will be accepted to board the vessel?
You are encouraged to have your COVID-19 vaccination card. In case you misplace your card while in transit, we encourage you to have a printed copy and a photo of it on your phone's camera roll to prevent any issues when boarding your vessel.
Who does this vaccination requirement apply to?
Proof of vaccination is required for all guests ages 18 and older. In addition, your Orbridge Travel Director and Expedition Leaders have also been fully vaccinated.
Are there any exceptions to this requirement for religious, medical or other reasons?
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all guests ages 18 and older.
What if I don’t comply and show up without proof of vaccination?
Should a guest arrive at the vessel and not have proof of COVID-19 vaccination, they will not be allowed to board. In that case, the guest will be responsible for making hotel arrangements and working with their airline to adjust their flight schedule. Any costs assumed in these cases will be those solely of the traveler.
How will I be able to meet the requirements of getting a COVID-19 vaccination in time for my tour?
While early in the vaccination roll out it took quite a bit of time to schedule appointments, the accelerated roll out of vaccines should not pose an issue. Many major national retail chains including CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, and Costco now offer vaccines. We encourage you to visit vaccinefinder.org to find locations near you that have available vaccinations.
Will I still have to wear face coverings even if I’m vaccinated?
Currently, U.S. federal government regulations and guidance from the CDC includes our vessel as part of transportation infrastructure, just like airlines. The CDC has come out with guidance indicating that vaccinated individuals can relax face covering use outdoors and indoors. ADC follows all CDC guidelines regarding mask usage. It is recommended masks be worn, but is not required, when occupying or transiting all public areas for guests while on board the ship. When on shore excursions during your cruise program, guests will be required to follow all local city, borough, or community COVID-19 mandates. We also still encourage guests to wear face coverings with those outside their family group, especially indoors in common spaces.
What else is Orbridge and the cruise line doing to promote health and wellness?
Orbridge and ADC take your wellness seriously and your safety is our top priority. There will be sterilizing UV lights on HVAC/vent systems, health questionnaires completed by all guests, increased thorough disinfection of all common areas using EPA-registered hospital grade solutions, and additional hand sanitation stations throughout the vessel. You can learn more on our wellness website at Orbridge.com/Wellness.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of March 7, 2023.