We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for Entry into Canada
- Canada has reopened to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are currently residing in the United States and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Visitors are REQUIRED to follow these measures set forth by the Canadian government:
1. Show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (Government of Canada-accepted vaccines manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, Sinovac, Novavax, Sinophram, and Janssen Johnson & Johnson).
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler, you must have received at least 14 calendar days by the day you travel:
- at least 2 doses of a vaccine accepted by the Government of Canada for the purpose of travel, OR
- a mix of 2 accepted vaccines, OR
- at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
2. As of April 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travelers will no longer need a COVID-19 test of any kind for entry. Please be advised random testing at the discretion of the border officer can happen.
3. All travelers must use the ArriveCAN App to upload and submit their travel information within 72 hours of their flight to Canada. Please note you cannot submit details prior to 72 hours before your flight. It takes between 10-15 minutes to create your account and complete your first submission. We strongly recommend using the mobile app as you will need to upload photos of your CDC vaccination card. The webpage is https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/en/welcome for those who do not have a smart phone.
Submission and Receipt
Once you successfully complete your ArriveCAN submission, you'll receive an ArriveCAN receipt. It includes:
a summary of your travel (border crossing and date of arrival)
a list of travellers included in your submission (all parties traveling together can be listed in one application)
6-digit confirmation code
This receipt is proof that you've successfully completed your submission. Your ArriveCAN receipt doesn't provide confirmation that you're eligible to enter Canada or of any public health exemptions, including those for fully vaccinated travellers.
You'll receive a copy of your receipt by email. You must show your ArriveCAN receipt and proof of COVID-19 vaccination to a Canada border services officer upon entry. You can show your receipt by the following:
through ArriveCAN directly
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
Guests will be expected to wear masks while in indoor public spaces, while traveling with the group, and in compliance with all local, regional and state regulations.
Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
- Local municipalities may require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés may be operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Travel Director will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
- Sites visited on the itinerary may have modified service or hours of operation. Your Orbridge Travel Director will share any updates each day with guests.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a COVID-19 test within one day before their flight departs for return to the U.S. with proof of a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff arrange this required testing for guests. Written documentation of negative test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you extend your travels past the main program or post tour program (if applicable), testing within flight departure is your responsibility.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of April 25, 2022.