We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements:
The Argentinian border opened on November 1, 2021. To satisfy the entry requirements Argentina has in place, please take note of the following three requirements that will be verified upon your arrival:
1. Complete the online form a maximum of 48 hours before arriving in Argentina, including uploading your vaccination card. Guests must be fully vaccinated two weeks prior to entry.
2. Print and bring proof of travel insurance with medical coverage of hospitalization and quarantine due to COVID-19. This is a requirement of entry to Argentina. See Travel Insurance section below.
3. Provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival in Argentina.
Please note as of November 1, 2021, U.S. tourists are allowed to enter Argentina provided guests are fully vaccinated. The administration of the second dose of vaccine must occur 14 days or more prior to arrival. Argentine authorities require evidence of this vaccination.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements:
- In order to ensure the safest possible conditions for our guests and in accordance with local laws, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of boarding, in addition to a rapid antigen test administered by the ship's crew prior to embarkation.
- At present, local law indicates visitors must be tested between days 5 - 7 while on board the ship and again at disembarkation. These policies could change as more Argentinians become vaccinated, please check back on our Wellness page in advance of travel.
- Orbridge will help arrange the proper testing and paperwork to meet requirements to fly home from Ushuaia and paperwork will be provided to guests. For guests traveling on the post tour, you will test on your last day in Iguazu Falls and be provided with the documentation necessary to fly home. Please note: any guests continuing on their own after the main program or post tour ends will be in charge of arranging their own COVID testing to fly home. The paperwork we provide will be handed out on the last day of the program date.
- All of these tests will be at an additional fee. An antigen test is expected to cost approximately $40-$50 and a PCR test is between $75-$150 per guest.
COVID-19 Vaccination Booster:
The CDC is currently recommending a booster shot for all adults 18 and over who received their COVID-19 vaccinations more than 6 months ago. We recommend checking with your doctor to find out if getting a booster shot two or more weeks before your travel begins is possible and advisable. Click here to learn more from the CDC.
The ship requires $200,000 in emergency medical evacuation insurance and $50,000 worth of medical coverage. We believe that these requirements also meet Argentina’s entry requirements in item #2 above as most policies do currently contain COVID-related illness.
If you have concerns whether your insurance will cover COVID-19, please check with your insurance provider. Or you can reach out to our insurance partner by emailing email@example.com or calling them at (877) 645-2090. Their hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am - 5 pm and Friday, 7:30 am - 3:30 pm (Central). You may also visit their online resource by clicking here.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols:
Onboard protocols aboard the M/V Ocean Victory will be updated closer to departure. The vessel will adapt and adjust as needed for the health and safety of our guests. While specific protocols will be updated nearing departure, you can expect that elements such as increased sanitation, deep cleaning, regular disinfection of common surfaces, enhanced air circulation, and more will be in place.
Many local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
Businesses such as restaurants and cafes may have restrictions in Argentina. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Travel Director will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
All guests and the ship's staff are required to be vaccinated. Guest health and safety is the utmost priority. Ship safety protocols will be in accordance with local laws and may include masks required in public spaces on the ship where social distancing cannot apply, fixed tables for dining, and other items. This will be communicated with guests upon embarkation of the ship.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our policies and what is expected of guests while on tour, by visiting our Wellness Protocols.
Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test within three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you have extended your time in Argentina past the main program or post tour program, testing within flight timelines is the guest's responsibility
Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of November 22, 2021.