- 12 Days
- Activity Level
- Group Size
We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your program. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, please check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements
- Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from the testing requirements. Travelers must present proof of vaccination (two doses or one dose for Johnson & Johnson) and the certificate must have a QR code.
- Travelers are required to complete an online Health Surveillance Form (https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/) within 24 hours prior to arrival. Travelers will then receive a Unique Health Code (UHC), which they will present to health officials upon arrival.
- Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Special COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements - FOR GUESTS PARTICIPATING IN THE OPTIONAL RWANDA PRE-TOUR
As of August 1, 2022, there are no longer any testing requirements to enter or depart Rwanda.
A negative PCR test taken within 24 hours is required to enter Volcanoes National Park for the gorilla trek. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. The cost for this test is $60 USD.
You will be required to wear a face covering when you come within a certain distance of the gorillas.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafes may be operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our policies and what is expected of guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- As of June 12, 2022, the United States no longer requires air passengers traveling from a foreign country to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation from recovery for entry.
Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of November 1, 2022.