We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour. Also bookmark this page for the U.S. State Department's travel website for current information.
Tour Participation Requirements:
Please remember that Orbridge requires all guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present proof of vaccination upon arrival on tour, regardless of age or country requirements.
For guests embarking the MS Amadeus Silver III:
Currently, AMADEUS welcomes all passengers who are either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. guests with an EMA/European Medicines Agency approved vaccine with a required 3rd shot/booster if the second shot was more than 270 days ago), or who have recovered from COVID-19 (guests with an at least 11 day, max. 180 days old positive PCR-RT test).
Vaccines authorized for use in the European Union:
BioNTech and Pfizer
All guests must also present the completed ”Mandatory Health Declaration Form” when checking in on board. Please have this form completed and ready for embarkation. Exceptions are not possible. Please note that the measures are subject to change and restrictions might be eased. We ask you to check requirements on a regular basis in case of any changes.
- The requirement of mandatory face masks applies to crew members only, but for passengers it is recommended to wear face masks when moving through interior spaces on the ship and while using public transportation on shore.
- The crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship. Sufficient hand sanitizing points are available in all highly frequented areas of the ship.
- Seating will be assigned by the restaurant manager to ensure appropriate seating arrangements.
- Should a passenger display symptoms, a contingency plan specifically developed by the Fleet Health Officer of the AMADEUS cruise line will be implemented. COVID-19 antigen rapid tests are available on board at all times.
- The cruise line reserves the right to exclude passengers who repeatedly violate the provisions of this hygiene and health concept from further participation in the cruise.
- During the cruise, passengers will regularly be asked about their health and wellbeing and guests’ temperatures may be checked on a case-by-case basis.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols:
- As of June 11, travelers from all countries except China can enter Germany for all purposes, including tourism. Residents of China will need to demonstrate an important need to travel (due to reciprocity).
To enter Germany: Travelers are no longer required to show proof of vaccination, proof of recovery, or a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Germany, unless they are entering from an RKI-designated virus variant area (see more information below). Please refer to the German Foreign Office’s information for travelers and the Frequently Asked Questions on the German Interior Ministry’s website.
- Persons entering Germany who have spent time in an RKI-designated virus variant area in the 10 days prior to entry are required to submit a digital registration on entry and are required to quarantine for 14 days even if they have been vaccinated. There is no possibility of ending quarantine early. Please see the German Federal Ministry of Health’s website for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Just like here in the U.S., it is important to remember that restrictions are continually changing, so it is important to frequently visit Orbridge.com/wellness for the latest information. It is the responsibility of guests to be aware of the entry requirements in place at the time of their tour.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?
Only travelers who have been in a virus-variant area in the last 10 days must present a negative PCR test, not older than 48 hours, regardless of vaccination or recovery status. A rapid antigen test is not accepted in this case. Children under the age of 12 do not need to provide proof of a negative test.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry?
Yes. Guests exhibiting symptoms of COVID -19 may be screened on arrival.
- Are there any special restrictions at the Passion Play Theatre?
Currently, there are no more access restrictions for the theatre visit. The mask requirement also no longer applies. All seats in the theatre can be occupied. Before attending the event, please inform yourself independently, exercise sound judgment, and assume responsibility to familiarize yourself with the latest status of the virus, any preventative measures being taken, and any applicable rules of conduct.
Where are masks needed, and which kind of mask is acceptable?
Some hotels may require mask use in public spaces. Medical grade masks (surgical masks, or masks meeting the N95, KN95, or FFP-2 standards) are required on all public transportation. No passengers may sit in the front seat of taxis.
The classification of risk areas may continue to change at short notice. Please check immediately before departure whether the countries in which you have stayed in the last 10 days before entering Germany are classified as "risk" areas.
- What should guests of the pre- or post- tour need to know?
- On May 14, Austria removed all entry restrictions. Proof of vaccination, recovery, or testing are no longer required.
- Medical grade masks (FFP2, KN95) covering the mouth and nose are required at all times on Vienna public transportation including, airplanes, airports, trains, train stations, metro (underground / subways), trams, buses, taxis, Uber and other ride shares.
- Violations of mask mandates are punishable by 500 Euros fines.
Effective April 9, 2022, the Czech Republic has suspended all COVID-19 related entry restrictions for travelers. Travelers to the Czech Republic are no longer required to complete a Passenger Locator Form, provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or prior infection, etc. Additional information is available on the Czech Ministry of Interior’s COVID-19 website.
Under current policy, air passengers traveling to the United States no longer need to get tested and show the COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 prior to boarding a flight to the U.S. In the event that you test positive for COVID-19 at any point while on tour or before returning home, guests are responsible for any costs associated with quarantine.
We encourage you to visit this online resource to help you plan for your international travels.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
- Travelers must individually check in online for flights (usually beginning 24 hours prior to scheduled departure time) and follow instructions by the airlines to register the passenger information for COVID protocols and requirements of your airline. Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. Be sure and check with your airline including transit countries before departure as rules can change. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
- IMPORTANT: We ask that guests double check their passport for being valid for six months after their program return date. As applicable, apply immediately for a new or renewed passport as there are EXTREME processing delays due to COVID-19.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of June 22, 2022.