We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for Entry into Canada
Beginning early August, Canada has reopened to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are currently residing in the United States and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Visitors will be REQUIRED to follow these measures set forth by the Canadian government:
1. Show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (Government of Canada-accepted vaccines manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen Johnson & Johnson) at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
2. Show proof of a negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours (3 days) prior to ARRIVAL into Canada. You MUST keep proof of this through the entire duration of your stay in Canada. Please note: Accepted tests as per the Canadian government guidelines are MOLECULAR tests, NOT an antigen test, including those who are fully vaccinated.
3. Random testing may also be done at the discretion of the immigration officer.
4. All travelers must use the ArriveCAN App to upload and submit their travel information within 72 hours of their flight to Canada. Please note you cannot submit details prior to 72 hours before your flight. It takes between 10-15 minutes to create your account and complete your first submission. We strongly recommend using the mobile app as you will need to upload photos of your CDC vaccination card. The webpage is https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/auth for those who do not have a smart phone.
5. All travellers, even those who provide proof of qualifying vaccination, must show that they have a suitable quarantine plan. When asked to submit the address of the hotel you will be staying at, please use Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel, 1979 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 1H5, Canada. Please do not select "return home" as that will not be an option.
Submission and Receipt
Once you successfully complete your ArriveCAN submission, you'll receive an ArriveCAN receipt. It includes:
a summary of your travel (border crossing and date of arrival)
a list of travellers included in your submission (all parties traveling together can be listed in one application)
6-digit confirmation code
This receipt is proof that you've successfully completed your submission. Your ArriveCAN receipt doesn't provide confirmation that you're eligible to enter Canada or of any public health exemptions, including those for fully vaccinated travellers.
You may see a letter identifier beside your name on your receipt. This indicates that you may have to discuss with a public health officer one of the following upon entry:
your quarantine plan (Q)
your symptom self-assessment (S)
If you see an 'I' or a 'V' next to your name, it means that you have indicated in ArriveCAN that you are fully vaccinated.
You'll receive a copy of your receipt by email. You must show your ArriveCAN receipt, COVID-19 test results and proof of COVID-19 vaccination to a Canada border services officer upon entry. You can show your receipt by the following:
through ArriveCAN directly
Please note that you may receive daily notifications from ArriveCAN and/or emails about quarantine and Day-8 testing, even if you are fully vaccinated or exempt from the requirement to quarantine. Follow the instructions of the Canada border services officer upon entry, including the paper handout you were provided. If the border services officer confirms that you qualify for the quarantine and testing exemptions, you may ignore these notifications.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
Guests will be expected to wear masks while in indoor public spaces, while traveling with the group, and in compliance with all local, regional and state regulations.
Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
- Local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés may be operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Travel Director will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
- Sites visited on the itinerary may have modified service or hours of operation. Your Orbridge Travel Director will share any updates each day with guests.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test no more than three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing and guests will be responsible for associated costs upon testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of August 16, 2021.