We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements
It is expected that from September 1, 2021, tourists will be able to enter Israel subject to several criteria:
- Tourists who are fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson) will be able to enter Israel with a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken a maximum of 72 hours before the flight, proof of vaccination, and PCR and serological COVID-19 tests on arrival at Ben Gurion Airport. You can book and pay for your PCR test online at https://testngo.femi.com/en. Once booked, you will receive a confirmation number that you must present at the Ben Gurion Airport testing center. The cost of the PCR test on arrival is 80 NIS. The serological test costs 100 NIS and cannot be booked in advance. The waiting time to receive results of the serological test is approximately 20 minutes.
- Within 24 hours prior to departure, travelers must complete and submit an Entry Statement online at https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/. Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation email. Without this confirmation, you will be unable to board your flight to Israel.
Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
- U.S. citizens continuing to Jordan for the optional post-tour must follow the following steps:
Visit https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo portal prior to departure, complete the required form, and obtain the QR code which is mandatory to be presented to airline personnel prior to boarding and upon arrival.
Provide proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test conducted within 72 hours to airline personnel before boarding your flight to Jordan. Your Orbridge ground team will arrange for this test while in Israel.
Provide proof of health insurance (this is mandatory for non-Jordanians).
Guests from the U.S. who have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate will NOT need to take another COVID-19 test upon arrival in Jordan. However, if a U.S. resident does not have proof of this COVID-19 vaccination, they will be required to take a PCR COVID-19 test upon arrival in Amman.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés are operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test no more than three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of August 3, 2021.