We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements
It is expected that from August 1, 2021, tourists will be able to enter Israel subject to several criteria:
Tourists who are fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Johnson & Johnson) will be able to enter Israel with a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken a maximum of 72 hours before the flight, proof of vaccination, and a PCR COVID-19 test on arrival at Ben Gurion Airport.
Tourists who are not vaccinated but have recovered from COVID-19 will either not be permitted or will be permitted subject to a serology test (to be determined by governmental agencies).
- Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
- Ben-Gurion Airport is closed to all travelers both entering and exiting the country (with very limited exceptions approved by the Israeli government). This restriction is in place until at least March 6. At that point, restrictions will be reviewed. If at approximately 45 days prior to your scheduled departure these restrictions are in place, you will be contacted by our Guest Services team to make alternate arrangements.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés are operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test no more than three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of July 9, 2021.