We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Entry Requirements
Tourists are permitted entry to Israel provided they meet the following conditions:
- Vaccinated with two doses (or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and at least 14, but no more than 180 days have passed since the date of the second dose; OR
- Received a booster dose and at least 14 days have passed since the date of the third dose. If more than 180 days have passed since your second vaccine dose, you must receive a booster dose in order to travel to Israel.
- ALL travelers must take a PCR test within 72 hours of departure administered by professional samplers (no at- home test kits).
- Complete an entry statement form (https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/) within the 48 hours prior to departure. Upon completion, you will receive a link to pay in advance for the PCR test on arrival.
- ALL travelers must take a PCR test upon arrival in Israel (the cost if you pay in advance is 80 ILS) and will be required to stay in isolation at the arrival hotel until receiving a negative result, a maximum of 24 hours.
Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
U.S. citizens continuing to Jordan for the optional post-tour must follow the following steps:
- Visit https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo portal prior to departure, complete the required form, and obtain the QR code which is mandatory to be presented to airline personnel prior to boarding and upon arrival. Your QR code will also be used as a health pass for certain establishments while in the country.
- From March 1, 2022, travelers will no longer need to present a negative PCR test result prior to departure to Jordan nor take a test upon arrival.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés are operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a COVID-19 test within one day before their flight departs for return to the U.S. with proof of a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff arrange this required testing for guests. Written documentation of negative test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you extend your travels past the main program or post tour program (if applicable), testing within flight departure is your responsibility.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of March 3, 2022.