We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing and Entry Requirements
U.S. citizens traveling to India must meet the following requirements for entry:
Self attest either negative RT-PCR test report or Covid -19 vaccination certificate of having completed the primary vaccination schedule.
The above also has to be produced at the Delhi Airport on arrival upon request.
All travelers must complete a self declaration form in the Air Suvidha portal within 72 hours prior to departure.
Two percent of all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, will be selected for testing upon arrival. Travelers selected for testing will be permitted to depart the airport following collection of the test sample and do not need to wait for results.
All incoming airline passengers to India from China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Thailand must undergo mandatory RTPCR tests within 72 hours before their departure for India.
- Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Face masks are highly recommended to be worn in public, especially in urban areas, indoors, and on public transportation. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Entry into some public places in India requires proof of vaccination.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés are operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- As of June 12, 2022, the United States no longer requires air passengers traveling from a foreign country to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation from recovery for entry.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of January 31, 2023.