- 15 Days
- Activity Level
- Group Size
For the duration of your tour, you will be accompanied by your Orbridge Travel Director as well as local guides. Be aware that some areas visited on tour may experience staffing constraints occurring in the tourism and hospitality sectors at this time. Your Tour Director will keep you apprised throughout your trip to help ensure an uninterrupted tour experience as best as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in the event that you experience longer wait times at restaurants, hotels, and sites visited on tour.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance that covers COVID-19-related occurrences, understand the details of COVID-specific coverage, and be prepared to make arrangements to extend your stay for longer than planned.
Tour Participation Requirement: Vaccination
We are requiring all guests to have either two doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. These can be administered at any point, so long as they are done no less than two weeks prior to arrival on tour. Guests are required to bring and present a paper or digital copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card, including any boosters. This requirement will be verified by the on-tour Travel Director. This policy is subject to change depending on conditions and guidance available at the time of scheduled travel. All travelers, including Orbridge Travel Directors, will be required to follow this protocol.
U.S. citizens traveling to India must meet the following requirements for entry:
- Any passenger having symptoms of COVID-19 during travel will be isolated as per standard protocol. The said passenger must be wearing a mask, isolated and segregated from other passengers in-flight or travel, and shifted to an isolation facility subsequently for follow-up treatment.
- Thermal screening may be done on all the passengers by the health officials present at the point of entry. Any passengers found to be symptomatic during screening will be immediately isolated and taken to a designated isolation facility.
- Two percent of all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, will be selected for testing upon arrival, excluding children ages 11 and younger. However, if found symptomatic for COVID-19 on arrival or during the period of self-monitoring, they shall undergo testing and be treated as per protocol. Travelers selected for testing will be permitted to depart the airport following the collection of the test sample and do not need to wait for results.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols:
Testing for COVID-19 is at the discretion of each guest and Orbridge. Local authorities do not require testing. If a test result is positive, guests are required to self-isolate for eight days. Guests on tour are encouraged and sometimes required to wear a mask for their own protection and the protection of others, especially when in close quarters with others.
- Face masks are highly recommended to be worn in public, especially in urban areas, indoors, and on public transportation. We request that you bring a face mask and be prepared to wear it if asked.
- Entry into some public places in India requires proof of vaccination.
Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. To learn more about airline protocols, visit Orbridge.com/Wellness.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is requested of our guests while on tour by learning more at Orbridge.com/Wellness. Note that this site is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. It is advised that you regularly check this page so that you are aware of the most current information for your tour. If you have additional questions, contact our dedicated Guest Services team at 866-639-0079.
This information is up-to-date as of April 28, 2023.