We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing and Entry Requirements
U.S. citizens traveling to India must meet the following requirements for entry:
All travelers aged 5 and older must upload either a negative RT-PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure OR
proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Air Suvidha portal (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/allairports).
All travelers must complete a self declaration form in the Air Suvidha portal within 72 hours prior to departure.
Two percent of all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, will be selected for testing upon arrival. Travelers selected for testing will be permitted to depart the airport following collection of the test sample and do not need to wait for results.
- Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Face masks are required to be worn in public, especially in urban areas, indoors, and on public transportation. Guests are expected to follow local policies. Failure to adhere to the mask policy may result in a fine.
- Entry into some public places in India requires proof of vaccination.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés are operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Expedition Leader will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a COVID-19 test within one day before their flight departs for return to the U.S. with proof of a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff arrange this required testing for guests. Written documentation of negative test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you extend your travels past the main program or post tour program (if applicable), testing within flight departure is your responsibility.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of March 11, 2022.