We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly as well as the U.S. State Department's Travel website to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
Entry Requirements for Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands:
- Complete the following form online in advance of your flight to Ecuador—this Health Declaration Form—(found via the link here or provided by your airline carriers' website). Save the confirmation upon completing and submitting your form electronically.
- Please remember that Orbridge requires all guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present proof of vaccination upon arrival on tour, regardless of age or specific requirements by country.
Airlines will verify that travelers have met all requirements for travel before boarding at the point of origin.
Per the U.S. State Dept., Ecuador’s Ministry of Public Health has discontinued its practice of performing random COVID-19 testing to international travelers upon arrival. However, if airlines or airport staff observe a traveler with symptoms, that traveler may be referred to the Ministry of Public Health for testing. If the traveler tests positive for COVID-19, the Ministry of Public Health may recommend the traveler isolate for five days and then wear a mask in public spaces while the traveler continues to exhibit symptoms. The Ministry of Public Health no longer requires international travelers that test positive for COVID-19 to quarantine in hotels or private accommodations. If you are entering Ecuador from another country other than the United States, you should check for specific requirements or restrictions with your airline carrier and embassy.
Given the remoteness of the Galapagos Islands, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance with medical coverage including emergency flight evacuation. Without this, it may be difficult and at great cost to the traveler to obtain emergency medical assistance while on the islands.
If you are participating in the optional Mashpi Lodge pre-tour or the Machu Picchu post-tour only, the same vaccine documents will need to be provided prior to boarding your transfer to Mashpi Lodge or upon your arrival in Peru for the post-tour.
At this time masks are required in all indoor spaces throughout Ecuador. Please be prepared with a cloth, disposable, or surgical face mask to wear during your stay in Ecuador. You will not need to wear a mask in outdoor spaces during the program.
If you are continuing to Peru from Ecuador for the Machu Picchu post tour, fully vaccinated travelers do not require further testing.
Entry/Travel Restrictions for Peru:
Random testing may be required on arrival by the airport authorities. Additionally, the ground team will require testing on arrival for any guests presenting COVID-19 symptoms. This test, if needed, would be arranged by the team on the ground.
While traveling to and inside Peru, face masks are no longer obligatory in open or closed spaces. Masks are still recommended on public transport, aboard planes, and while traveling on our shared transfers or transportation.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Given the remoteness of the Galapagos Islands, we highly recommend the purchase of travel insurance with medical coverage including emergency flight evacuation. Without this, it may be difficult (and at great cost to you) to obtain emergency medical assistance while on the islands. Please contact your travel/medical insurance carrier specialist for international coverage questions or contact our Guest Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org for travel insurance provider recommendations.
- At this time masks are required in all indoor spaces throughout Ecuador. Please be prepared with a cloth, disposable, or surgical face mask to wear during your stay in Ecuador. You will not need to wear a mask in outdoor spaces during the program.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Guests should log-in to their airline’s website/mobile app in advance of their flight to complete any health questions/documentation upload that is required by their airline. This can oftentimes be done in advance of checking in for the flight and arriving at the airport. Then, within 24 hours of your scheduled flight, log back into your airline’s website/mobile app to check in for your flight, check bags, and access boarding passes.
- In Ecuador all individuals are required to wear a face mask inside the airport and during flights to and within Ecuador. Please be prepared with a cloth, disposable, or surgical face mask to wear during your travels.
- Guests with symptoms who test and receive a positive COVID test at the end of the tour will need to quarantine at their own expense until a negative test result can be received.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
Please note that this page and Orbridge.com/Wellness is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. This environment for travel is constantly evolving and as such, it is advised that you regularly check this page so that you are aware of the most current information for your tour. If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at 866-639-0079 or email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to assist.
This information is up-to-date as of December 16, 2022.