We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing, Vaccination, & Entry Requirements
American citizens entering Italy must adhere to the following requirements in order to be allowed entry into the country:
2. Guests will need to present to the air carrier, or any other authorized person, a COVID Certificate (also known as Green Pass or COVID-19 Green Certificate) issued by the local health authorities in the U.S. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo showing proof that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with an EMA (European Medicines Agency) authorized vaccine including Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson and they have completed the prescribed vaccination cycle since at least fourteen (14) days.
3. Take a molecular or antigenic COVID-19 test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 72 hours before arrival.
To meet the new COVID-19 testing requirement, you are encouraged to contact your local pharmacies, health authorities, and/or clinics to make arrangements for this required testing. Should you arrive to Italy without proof of COVID-19 vaccination AND a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours upon arrival, you will be required to self-isolate for five days and then get tested again while in Italy.
It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Many local municipalities require face masks to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafes may be closed. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Travel Director will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
- Bring your vaccination "white card" with you at all times during the tour as it will be requested to dine indoors at restaurants and cafes and when visiting museums and other cultural activities. A violation will warrant a fine from 400 to 1,000 Euro.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our policies and what is expected of guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test within three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with arranging this required testing while participating in the Orbridge tour and is payable by guests at the time of testing. Costs for this testing are expected to range between $95 and $175 USD. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. In the event that you test positive for COVID-19 at any point while on tour or before returning home, guests are responsible for any costs associated with quarantine.
We encourage you to visit this online resource to help you plan for your international travels.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
- Travelers must individually check in online for flights (usually beginning 24 hours prior to scheduled departure time) and follow instructions by the airlines to register the passenger information for COVID protocols and requirements of your airline. Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. Be sure and check with your airline including transit countries before departure as rules can change. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
- IMPORTANT: We ask that guests double check their passport for being valid for six months after their program return date. As applicable, apply immediately for a new or renewed passport as there are EXTREME processing delays due to COVID-19.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of August 31, 2021.