We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
- All passengers travelling to Egypt must be in possession of a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19, taken at a maximum of 96 hours before their flight departure time. Guests must present paper copies of the test results as digital copies will not be accepted.
- There are no restrictions for entering Egypt as long as travelers abide by the COVID-19 testing protocols detailed above. Travelers who arrive in Egypt with a negative PCR test are not required to quarantine.
- All arriving travelers into Egypt must show proof of health insurance upon arrival.
- Under current restrictions, guests would NOT be able to continue on to Jordan for the post-tour, as all travelers are required to present a negative PCR test before boarding the flight, must pay to be tested again upon arrival in Amman, and quarantine for 14 days. Given these restrictions, those registered for the Jordan post-tour are being contacted by our Guest Services team to explore options.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Egypt requires face coverings be worn at all times in public. Failure to do so may result in a fine from the Egyptian government.
- Egypt requires all individuals to carry travel insurance that can be used in the event of medical emergency or in case individuals are diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Egypt.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés in Egypt operate at 50 percent capacity or less.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under the recently announced policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a viral COVID-19 test within three days before their flight departs for return to the U.S. and receive a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff will assist guests with this required testing. Written documentation of test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or email@example.com.
This information is up-to-date as of January 14, 2021.