We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements
- All passengers travelling to Egypt must be in possession of a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19, taken at a maximum of 72 hours before their flight departure time. The negative test result must include a Quick Response (QR) code and be a paper copy.
- Passengers who present proof of vaccination with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization and the Egyptian Medicines Authority (Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik) are exempt from the testing requirement. Travelers may enter Egypt a minimum of 14 days after the second vaccine dose (or first dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- Proof of vaccination must include the dates each dose was administered and a QR code. If your CDC vaccination card does not have a QR code, you may be able to obtain this through your state’s immunization registry (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html#state) or through your vaccine provider. Some retail pharmacies including CVS and Walmart have online portals where you can access digital copies of your vaccination records.
There are no restrictions for entering Egypt as long as travelers abide by the COVID-19 testing protocols detailed above. Travelers who arrive in Egypt with a negative PCR test are not required to quarantine.
U.S. citizens continuing to Jordan for the optional post-tour must adhere to the following steps:
- Visit https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo portal prior to departure, complete the required form, and obtain the QR code which is mandatory to be presented to airline personnel prior to boarding and upon arrival. Your QR code will also be used as a health pass for certain establishments while in the country.
- From March 1, 2022, travelers will no longer need to present a negative PCR test result prior to departure to Jordan nor take a test upon arrival.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Egypt requires face coverings be worn at all times in public. Failure to do so may result in a fine from the Egyptian government.
- Egypt requires all individuals to carry travel insurance that can be used in the event of medical emergency or in case individuals are diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Egypt.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés in Egypt operate at 50 percent capacity or less.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a COVID-19 test within one day before their flight departs for return to the U.S. with proof of a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff arrange this required testing for guests. Written documentation of negative test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you extend your travels past the main program or post tour program (if applicable), testing within flight departure is your responsibility.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of February 17, 2022.