We look forward to welcoming you on tour soon! We understand that traveling during these times requires additional preparation and planning in order to foster a healthy and safe on-tour experience for you and others on your tour. In addition to the standard Wellness Protocols that meet or exceed CDC recommendations and international travel industry guidelines in place for all Orbridge tours, the following are what you can expect on this tour.
This page is updated as new information becomes available from local, state, and international agencies. The environment for travel is constantly evolving, and as such, it is advised that you check this page regularly to be aware of the most current information for your tour.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Requirements for Entry into Canada
- Beginning early August, Canada reopened to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are currently residing in the United States and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Visitors will be REQUIRED to follow these measures set forth by the Canadian government:
1. Show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (Government of Canada-accepted vaccines manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen Johnson & Johnson) at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
2. Show proof of a negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival into Canada. Random testing may also be done at the discretion of the immigration officer.
3. All travelers must use the ArriveCAN (app or web portal) to upload and submit their travel information prior to their flight to Canada.
According to the Canadian government, these measures will remain in effect provided that COVID-19 case numbers remain low and they are subject to change.
- Guests will be kindly expected to attend the tour group welcome event, during which guests will be asked to complete a brief health questionnaire. If guests arrive to a tour exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms or indicate anything on the health questionnaire of concern, guests will be asked to remove themselves from the group and unfortunately will not be able to participate.
- It is important for you to review your state’s COVID-19 testing requirements to determine any state-specific protocol upon your return.
Destination Specific Wellness Protocols
- Local municipalities require face coverings to be worn while in public. Guests are expected to follow local policies.
- Businesses such as restaurants and cafés may be operating at limited capacity. At the time of your tour, your Orbridge Travel Director will advise you of any local restrictions so that you can best plan your time allotted for independent exploration.
- Sites visited on the itinerary may have modified service or hours of operation. Your Orbridge Travel Director will share any updates each day with guests.
In addition to these Destination Specific Wellness Protocols, Orbridge wellness protocols will be followed on all tours. We invite you to familiarize yourself with what Orbridge is doing, and what is expected by guests while on tour, by visiting orbridge.com/wellness.
- Under current policy, all travelers entering or returning to the U.S. will be required to get a COVID-19 test within one day before their flight departs for return to the U.S. with proof of a negative test result. Orbridge ground staff arrange this required testing for guests. Written documentation of negative test results (paper or electronic copy) must be provided to the airline. Please note if you extend your travels past the main program or post tour program (if applicable), testing within flight departure is your responsibility.
- Specific protocols and expectations for air travel vary by airline. Click here and scroll to the Air Travel Protocol section to learn more about airline protocols.
If you have additional questions, please contact our dedicated Guest Services team at (866) 639-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is up-to-date as of December 8, 2021.