The Galapagos Islands – Western Itinerary
Nestled in the Pacific Ocean—at the confluence of three ocean currents—the Galapagos Islands are a haven for explorers, nature enthusiasts, and those seeking a profound connection with the natural world. Join us on a transformative expedition voyage through these enchanting islands to celebrate life's diversity and to witness firsthand the stunning display of nature's endless wonders.
– Visit must-see highlights of Quito during a full-day, guided city tour, including Old Town Quito, the colorful San Francisco Market, La Compañía de Jesús (the "Golden Church"), and Casa del Alabado Archaeological Museum.
– Experience unparalleled opportunities for immersive, up-close encounters with a myriad of wildlife. Walk among curious creatures on shore, snorkel beside sea lions and turtles in the clear waters of the world's second largest marine reserve, and witness genuine interactions between species in the wild.
– Benefit from knowledgable naturalist guides who will provide insight on the origins of the unique flora and fauna endemic to the Galapagos Islands.
– Choose from a variety of water activities, as Isabela II is well-equipped with snorkel gear and ocean kayaks. Guides will also lead numerous outings by panga and glass-bottom boat.
– Enjoy exclusive access to many island locations. Isabela II has sailing privileges other vessels do not, so no other boats will be in sight during many moorings and shore landings.
– Visit historic sites, including the Charles Darwin Research Station—the iconic site of Galapagos National Park research and conservation efforts—most notable for its captive breeding program for the Galapagos giant tortoise; and Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island, one of the ﬁrst sites visited by Charles Darwin.
- 2 nights at 5-star Casa Gangotena in Quito (or similar) prior to embarkation
- 4 nights aboard the Isabela II, with exploration by panga and glass-bottom boat, naturalist-led hikes and excursions, and evening lectures
- 1 night at Wyndham Quito Airport (or similiar) after disembarkation
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 4 dinners, plus a special welcome reception in Quito
- A guided city tour of Quito
- All excursions and presentations
- Complimentary use of shorty wetsuits, snorkeling equipment, and ocean kayaks
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee and transit card
- Internal round-trip airfare between Quito and the islands as noted in the itinerary
- Gratuities to local guides, hotel porters, and drivers in Quito
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times