Toronto to Vancouver by Rail
Embark upon a once-in-a-lifetime rail odyssey across Canada's five provinces, gliding through rolling prairies, rugged lake country, and the snowy peaks of the magnificent Rockies. This five-star journey features hotel stays at luxurious, historic rail properties bookending four amazing days and nights in Prestige Class aboard VIA Rail's The Canadian. This nostalgic rail experience harkens the golden age of train travel.
– Enjoy the serenity of travel by rail as you spend four days unplugged from the outside world, with the beauty of the Canadian wilderness unfolding before you.
– Relax at leisure within your private Prestige Class stateroom—providing 50% more living space than other class cabins—featuring a picture window that's 60% larger than standard cabin windows, a leather couch by day that transforms into a comfortable double bed with luxury linens by night, heated floors and walls, private en suite bathroom with shower, flat-screen TV, and turndown service.
– Prestige Class amenities also include a small travel group size (26 guests max), dedicated concierge service, priority seating in the dining car, and complimentary snacks and beverages in the Park Car 24-hours a day.
– Awake each day to majestic, panoramic views outside your cabin's picture window. Inside The Canadian, many amenities await you among the first-class, art deco style cars, with abundant leisure time to enjoy them all.
– From your stateroom, or from the Prestige Park car's lounge and dome seating, admire the vastness and diversity of Canada—starting at the shores of Lake Ontario, traversing across five provinces—including expansive prairies and the Canadian Rockies—and ending in Vancouver.
– Savor the best in Canadian cuisine with a selection of local and regional specialties prepared by onboard chefs and served on the dining car’s elegant china. Lunches and dinners are three-course meals featuring specialties like Veal Chop with Cajun Spices, Canadian Lake Trout, and Pan-Seared Duck, served with complimentary beer or wine.
– Learn about the landscape, history, and people of Canada's provinces through onboard lectures and presentations.
– Set out on a guided panoramic city tour of Vancouver.
- 1 night at Fairmont Royal York in Toronto and 1 night at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, both famous, luxury Canadian Railway hotels
- 4 nights accommodations in Prestige Class onboard VIA Rail's The Canadian, where you'll relax while traveling through ever-changing scenery of prairies, the Canadian Rockies, and the Pacific Northwest
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners (snacks and bar orders are included while aboard The Canadian)
- Special welcome and farewell receptions
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director as well as expert onboard guides
- Admission to all activities and tours as described in the 7-day itinerary
- Private motor coach transportation for the sightseeing tour
- Gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, VIA Rail attendants, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times