Flavors of Northern Italy
Embark upon a cultural and gastronomic journey to the enchanting region of Northern Italy—an area renowned for spectacular landscapes, world-class wine, and a rich heritage. This meticulously crafted itinerary offers the unique opportunity to live like a local, featuring guided tours, private artisan visits and tastings, and the ability to deeply connect with the beauty of Northern Italy's culture, cuisine and gracious hospitality.
– With your small group (maximum 19 guests), enjoy seven nights accommodations at a historic country farmhouse amidst a wine and olive oil-producing estate.
– Join intimate cooking classes with locals who share their families’ histories and favorite recipes.
– Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-year-old Roman arena and the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio Bridge.
– In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit family-owned and -operated vineyards, meeting the esteemed vintners and discovering their unique varietals. Partake in exclusive tastings and presentations, and learn how wine-making traditions have been passed down through generations.
– Admire the panoramic beauty at captivating Lago di Garda—Italy’s largest lake.
– Delight in a cheese-making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia, home to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses.
– See Palazzo Ducale di Mantova—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—which was the royal residence of the Gonzaga family from 1328 to 1707.
– Meet a renowned winemaker who specializes in creating Amarone. Then retreat to a nearby restaurant for a polenta-making demonstration, featuring Amarone, and dinner.
– Enjoy a special excursion near Modena for a tasting of aged balsamic vinegar during a convivial meal with the property’s owner and his family.
– Relax during a boat tour around Lago d'Iseo, featuring mesmerizing clear water and stunning mountain scenery, followed by touring on land.
– Explore the winery cellar at Al Rocol and learn how painstaking attention to detail produces wines of consummate elegance and complexity.
- 7 nights accommodations
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 7 dinners served with wine, each incorporating a variety of Northern Italian preparations and ingredients
- All lessons, private tours and tastings, and unique small-group excursions noted in the 9-day itinerary
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director and expert local guides
- Private motor coach transportation
- Luggage handling
- Gratuities to Orbridge Travel Director, local guides, drivers, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times