Flavors of Northern Italy
Settle in and spend time learning and enjoying Northern Italian culinary traditions con gusto. A key ingredient of this signature journey is the luxury of unpacking once and dedicating your days to the rich cultural opportunities unique to this region.
- With your small group (maximum 19 guests), enjoy seven nights accommodations at a historic country farmhouse amidst a wine and olive oil-producing estate.
- Join intimate cooking classes with locals who share their families’ histories and favorite recipes.
- Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-year-old Roman arena and the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio Bridge.
- In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit family-owned and -operated vineyards, meeting the esteemed vintners and discovering their unique varietals. Partake in exclusive tastings and presentations, and learn how wine-making traditions have been passed down through generations.
- Admire the panoramic beauty at captivating Lago di Garda—Italy’s largest lake.
- Delight in a cheese-making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia, home to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses.
- See Palazzo Ducale di Mantova—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—which was the royal residence of the Gonzaga family from 1328 to 1707.
- Meet a renowned winemaker who specializes in creating Amarone. Then retreat to a nearby restaurant for a polenta-making demonstration, featuring Amarone, and dinner.
- Enjoy a special excursion near Modena for a tasting of aged balsamic vinegar during a convivial meal with the property’s owner and his family.
- Relax during a boat tour around Lago d'Iseo, featuring mesmerizing clear water and stunning mountain scenery, followed by touring on land.
- Explore the 16th-century cellars of Mosnel winery and learn how painstaking attention to detail produces wines of consummate elegance and complexity.
- What's included: 7 nights accommodations; 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 7 dinners served with wine; all lessons, private tours and tastings, and special small-group excursions as noted in the 9-day itinerary; full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director and expert local guides; private motor coach transportation; luggage porterage; gratuities to Orbridge Travel Director, local guides, and drivers; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.