Flavors of Sicily
Join us on a captivating, nine-day journey through the heart of Sicily to discover the vibrant island’s historical and cultural treasures. Explore renowned archaeological and UNESCO World Heritage sites, indulge in delicious cuisine and wine, and partake in hands-on cooking classes with celebrated chefs who share recipes and culinary techniques passed down through generations. This immersive experience promises to engage all of your senses and leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
– With your small group (maximum 22 guests), enjoy seven nights in the luxury and elegance of your private villa, Don Arcangelo all'Olmo.
– Work side-by-side in the kitchens of distinguished chefs, learning time-tested techniques and modern twists with ingredients grown in the mineral-rich, volcanic soil of Mount Etna’s fertile lowlands.
– Spend time exploring the coastal towns of Taormina and Siracusa—including a stop at a local outdoor market.
– Visit Benanti, a family-owned boutique winery with a strong international focus, and winner of over 80 awards since 1994.
– Stop by the Donnafugata winery for a tasting and lunch.
– Visit Sicily’s archaeological masterpieces—the ancient theatres of Taormina and Siracusa, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Villa Romana del Casale mosaics in Piazza Armerina.
– Explore Mount Etna, a natural marvel and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Day after day, experience the fusion of tradition and modernity, and see for yourself how Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Norman, German, French, and Spanish influences have formed this magnificent island of fertility.
- 7 nights accommodations at Don Arcangelo all'Olmo villa (or similar)
- A special welcome reception, 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 7 dinners served with wine
- Full services of an Orbridge Travel Director in addition to expert local guides
- All private tours and unique small-group excursions noted on the 9-day itinerary
- Intimate cooking classes with celebrated chefs
- In-depth, guided exploration of Sicily’s main attractions—Taormina, Mount Etna, Villa Romana del Casale, Siracusa, and Ortigia
- Private motor coach transportation
- Luggage porterage
- Gratuities to Orbridge Travel Director, local guides, drivers, porters, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times