Tanzania Wildlife Safari
How do you measure a travel destination that seems to have no bounds? Tanzania, the largest country in East Africa, also has more animals per square mile of land than anywhere in the world. It's home to the famed Mount Kilimanjaro—the tallest mountain in Africa, as well as the continent's largest lake—Lake Victoria. It’s a place for which superlatives in language were created—earning each widened eye, each dropped jaw, and each excited heartbeat.
Come experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the grandeur that is Tanzania, featuring access to a number of important national parks and nature reserves, abundant wildlife, the guidance of an Orbridge Expedition Leader, welcoming locals, and luxurious accommodations. Its true measure will be in the connection you feel, the memories you make, and the space this adventure holds forever in your heart.
- Explore some of the most important parks and reserves in East Africa, including the legendary Serengeti—host at different times of the year to the Great Migration, the cyclical journey of 1.6 million herbivores on their quest for survival.
- Participate in up to 12 game drives, including a special night game drive, accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader and expert naturalist guides aboard safari-outfitted Land Cruisers.
- At Olduvai Gorge, the Cradle of Humanity—encounter local cultures on guided village, school, and plantation visits.
- Spend a full day at Ngorongoro Crater—home to populations of lions, leopards, black rhinos, hyenas, wildebeests, buffaloes, elephants, and zebras.
- Reserve an optional hot-air balloon safari over the Serengeti at sunrise, including a champagne breakfast and game drive (additional fee).
- What's included: 9 nights deluxe accommodations (each carefully selected to emphasize wildlife viewing and comfort) plus a day room on day 11; 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 8 dinners (including a special farewell Serengeti bush dinner) and a light buffet snack on departure day; expert naturalist guides throughout, including an Orbridge Expedition Leader; daily game drives in custom 4x4 Land Cruisers with roof hatch access and guaranteed window seating; coffee and tea with meals and bottled water while on game drives; internal flight from the Serengeti to Arusha on day 11; airport transfers for guests arriving and departing on the suggested flights; all main program gratuities; all taxes, service charges, and park fees; and temporary membership in Flying Doctors Service.