Egypt and the Ancient Nile River
A beautiful country rich in history and cultural gems, Egypt beckons visitors as a "bucket-list" worthy destination. With an up-tempo tour, discover the magnetic attraction while delighting in five-star accomodations and cruising the Nile River aboard a privately chartered dahabiya. Gaze at the spectacular pyramids of Giza, admire antiquities at the Egyptian Museum, survey the changing scenery while gliding down the Nile, and explore the most legendary tombs and temples on this journey through the land of pharaohs.
- Enjoy a full day exploring Cairo, including the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx, as well as the Grand Egyptian Museum—the largest archaeological museum in the world.
- In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
- On the west bank of Luxor, descend into the elaborately decorated tombs of former rulers in the Valley of the Kings, then visit the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the few female pharaohs.
- Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for three nights on the Nile River.
- Observe the layers of thousands of years of history at Elephantine Island, the only ongoing archaeological excavation site open to tourists.
- Stay in luxurious accommodations at Egypt's most renowned heritage properties, including the Marriott Mena House in Cairo, the Sofitel Winter Palace in Luxor, and the Sofitel Legend Cataract in Aswan.
- What's included: 6 nights luxury hotel accommodations plus 3 nights aboard a stately dahabiya; 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 4 dinners; all excursions listed on the 11-day itinerary including admission to sites and venues; excursion transportation; internal airfare between Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan; gratuities to hotels, drivers, dahabiya staff, porters, and guides; and group airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.