The Galapagos Islands – Northern Itinerary
—View and download brochure—
Feel the thrill of encountering the flora and fauna that famously inspired Darwin—and in his footsteps, generations of nature lovers. Undiscovered by Europeans until the 16th century, the Galapagos Islands hold a central position in modern scientific and evolutionary history. In a place where human presence is relatively minimal, take the opportunity to observe and photograph these remarkable species up close—either sitting quietly to watch blue-footed boobies or snorkeling with inquisitive and playful sea lions.
– During a full day tour of Quito, marvel at the gold leaf interior of the Jesuit Church of la Compañía—a fine example of the mix of European influences and indigenous art called the Baroque school of Quito; enjoy a lunch of Ecuadorian specialties; and view a unique collection of pre-Columbian art.
– Benefit from the participation of naturalist guides who bring their knowledge and passion to impart the beauty, mystery, and intricacy of the Galapagos Islands.
– Observe with remarkable proximity the diversity of endemic species such as the Nazca, red- and blue-footed boobies; giant tortoises; Santa Fe land iguanas; and the famous Darwin’s finches.
– Discover the myriad of aquatic wildlife in the clear waters of the world's second largest marine reserve.
– Snorkel with sea lions, colorful tropical fish, and sea turtles—or observe them through a glass-bottom boat.
– Explore secluded inlets and stroll sweeping white coral beaches, such as Darwin Bay. See tidal pools and pass by colonies of various bird species.
– Visit the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island, the perfect habitat to see the Galapagos Giant Tortoise, and Puerto Egas on Santiago Island, an ideal location to see the Galapagos fur seal.
- 2 nights at 5-star Casa Gangotena in Quito (or similar) prior to embarkation
- 4 nights aboard the Isabela II, with exploration by panga boats and glass-bottom boats, naturalist-led hikes and excursions, and evening lectures
- 1 night at Wyndham Quito Airport (or similar) after disembarkation
- A welcome reception in Quito, 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 4 dinners
- A city tour of Quito
- All excursions and presentations
- Complimentary use of kayaks, paddle boards, shorty wetsuits, and snorkeling equipment
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee and transit card
- Internal airfare (from Quito to the islands on Day 3, and return to Quito on Day 7)
- Gratuities to local guides, hotel porters, and drivers in Quito
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times