Flavors of Sicily
—View and download brochure—
What could be more inspiring than a journey to Sicily highlighted by visits to renowned archaeological sites, delicious cuisine and wine, and a fabulous private villa selected as our home base?
This comprehensive tour provides an intimate, immersive approach to an authentic cultural and culinary experience. Converse with winemakers whose vineyards thrive on the flanks of Mount Etna and enjoy their boutique wines paired with savory antipasti.
The beautiful landscapes of Sicily are populated by the spirits of ancient Greeks and the Romans who found paradise on this island. Excellent guides will lead you on many memorable discoveries of Sicily’s celebrated past.
– With your small group (maximum 22 guests), enjoy seven nights in the luxury and elegance of your private villa, Don Arcangelo all'Olmo.
– Work side-by-side in the kitchens of distinguished chefs, learning time-tested techniques and modern twists with ingredients grown in the mineral-rich, volcanic soil of Mount Etna’s fertile lowlands.
– Spend time exploring the coastal towns of Taormina and Siracusa—including a stop at a local outdoor market.
– Visit Benanti, a family-owned boutique winery with a strong international focus, and winner of over 80 awards since 1994.
– Stop by the Donnafugata winery for a tasting and lunch.
– Visit Sicily’s archaeological masterpieces—the ancient theatres of Taormina and Siracusa, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Villa Romana del Casale mosaics in Piazza Armerina.
– Explore Mount Etna, a natural marvel and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Day after day, experience the fusion of tradition and modernity, and see for yourself how Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Norman, German, French, and Spanish influences have formed this magnificent island of fertility.
- 7 nights accommodations at Don Arcangelo all'Olmo villa (or similar)
- A special welcome reception, 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 7 dinners served with wine
- Full services of an Orbridge Travel Director in addition to expert local guides
- All private tours and unique small-group excursions noted on the 9-day itinerary
- Intimate cooking classes with celebrated chefs
- In-depth, guided exploration of Sicily’s main attractions—Taormina, Mount Etna, Villa Romana del Casale, Siracusa, and Ortigia
- Private motor coach transportation
- Luggage porterage
- Gratuities to Orbridge Travel Director, local guides, drivers, porters, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times