Vancouver to Toronto by Rail
Discover the majestic beauty of Canada on a nostalgic rail journey that brings back the golden age of train travel. The Canadian brings you landscapes as never seen any other way—in relaxed comfort and with unparalleled service. Glide through the snowy peaks of the magnificent Rockies through picturesque towns, gentle prairie fields, and rugged lake country to the city of Toronto. In addition to marveling at diverse landscapes, this restful journey provides delicious meals to savor and is a wonderful opportunity to experience so much of Canada in one unforgettable trip.
- Set out on a guided panoramic city tour of Vancouver.
- From your stateroom, or from seats in the domed observation car or Prestige Park lounge car, admire the vastness and diversity of Canada—starting in Vancouver, traversing across five provinces—through the Canadian Rockies and across expansive prairies—arriving at the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Enjoy the serenity of travel by rail as you spend four days unplugged from the outside world, with the beauty of the Canadian wilderness unfolding before you.
- Relax at leisure within your private Prestige Class stateroom—providing 50% more living space than other class cabins—featuring a picture window that's 60% larger than standard cabin windows, a leather couch by day that transforms into a comfortable double bed with luxury linens by night, heated floors and walls, private en suite bathroom with shower, flat-screen TV, and turndown service.
- Prestige Class amenities also include a small travel group size (26 guests max), dedicated concierge service, priority seating in the dining car, and complimentary snacks and beverages (including bar orders) in the Park Car 24-hours a day.
- Awake each day to majestic, panoramic views outside your cabin's picture window. Inside The Canadian, many amenities await you among the first-class, art deco style cars, with abundant leisure time to enjoy them all.
- Savor the best in Canadian cuisine with a selection of local and regional specialties prepared by onboard chefs and served on the dining car’s elegant china. Three-course lunches and five-course dinners include specialties like Veal Chop with Cajun Spices, Canadian Lake Trout, and Pan-Seared Duck, served with complimentary beer or wine.
- Learn about the landscape, history, and people of Canada's provinces through onboard lectures and presentations.
- What's Included: 2 nights luxury hotel accommodations; 4 nights accommodations in Prestige Class onboard VIA Rail's The Canadian; 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners (snacks and bar orders are included while aboard the train); special welcome and farewell receptions; full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director; gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, VIA Rail attendants, and wait staff for included meals; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.