Embark upon an unparalleled journey through history on this legendary network of rails. Enjoy modern amenities, comfortable lodging, and exciting excursions as you leisurely traverse two continents by private train during this epic adventure.
- During a city tour of Ulaanbaatar, visit the Choijin Lama Temple before experiencing a performance of traditional Mongolian folk arts.
- Travel to the Mongolian Alps to wonder at the majestic landscape and otherworldly rock formations.
- Enjoy a special lunch in a Mongolian yurt.
- Delight in a variety of local musical performances throughout the program.
- Explore Lake Baikal—the largest freshwater reservoir in the world—during a boat excursion, followed by a picnic dinner on the shore (weather permitting).
- In Irkutsk, see the Okhlopkov Drama Theatre, the new memorial to Tsar Alexander III, and the market hall during a panoramic city tour.
- Join a local family in their home for a traditional meal, and learn more about their daily life and customs during this cultural immersion opportunity.
- Partake in a vodka tasting accompanied by traditional Russian snacks and red caviar while traversing the diverse eastern Siberian countryside.
- Celebrate with a champagne toast while crossing the border between two continents—Asia and Europe.
- While in Yekaterinburg, view the Church of All Saints—built to commemorate the lives of Russian Tsar Nicholas II and his family who died in 1918.
- During a tour of Kazan, see the Tatar mosques and the most famous Russian Orthodox cathedral. Also tour Kazan’s Kremlin and learn about the turbulent history of the relationship between the Tatars, the Cossacks, and the Russians.
- Meet a local guide in Moscow to explore Red Square, the Kremlin, and Moscow City.
- What's Included: 5 nights hotel accommodations and 7 nights aboard the Tsar's Gold; a welcome orientation, 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, and 10 dinners (including beer and wine while onboard the train); full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director as well as expert local guides; admission to all activities and tours as described in the 14-day itinerary; private motor coach transportation for sightseeing tours; gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, housekeeping staff, Tsar's Gold attendants, and wait staff for included meals; airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.