Oberammergau Passion Play
Held only once a decade, one of the world’s most unique Passion Plays draws guests from around the globe to convene in the charming village of Oberammergau, Germany. Incorporating the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ with the Bavarian town's own tragic story, villagers have been called upon to perform The Passion Play since 1634. Performed on an open-air stage surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Bavarian Alps, experience a profoundly touching, once-in-a-lifetime event. This unforgettable journey is sure to renew faith and hope in all who encounter the special production and includes additional time for cruising the Danube. Exploring towns with rich history and beauty entertains, educates, and highlights why this part of the world is so spectacular.
- With assigned seats in the open-air stage of the Passion Play Theatre, watch the five-hour performance (split into two parts with dinner during intermission) of the story that portrays the final days of Jesus of Nazareth, accompanied by a 100-person choir and 55-instrumentalist orchestra.
- Prior to embarkation, enjoy a scenic motor coach transfer to Passau, featuring a stop for sightseeing and lunch.
- Leisurely cruise the Danube River aboard the Amadeus Silver III, an enchanting, modern river ship known for its sleek design and comfortable staterooms.
- Delight in a guided tour of Melk Abbey—one of the world’s most famous monastic sites. The view from the Benedictine Abbey’s terrace is breathtaking, rivaled only by the frescoes, tapestries, and gilded treasures inside, including the library that holds countless medieval manuscripts.
- In Vienna—the City of Music—guests may choose to join an optional evening in town for a classical music performance (additional fee applies).
- Continue exploring Vienna with guided historic sightseeing and a cultural tour of Schönbrunn Imperial Palace, the former summer residence of the Habsburgs and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The leadership of an Orbridge Travel Director will illuminate the region’s fascinating past and assure an unforgettable voyage.
- What's included: 2 nights hotel accommodations in Oberammergau prior to embarkation; 3 nights aboard the stylish and modern Amadeus Silver III accompanied by an Orbridge Travel Director; a welcome reception after embarkation; 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 5 dinners; land transportation aboard modern motor coaches; all port charges, excursion transportation, and entrance fees to included sites; gratuities to ship crew, Orbridge Travel Director, cruise director, local guides, drivers, porters, and wait staff for included meals; airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.