- 6 Days
- Activity Level
- Group Size
Discover Denali National Park
Journey into the scenic wilds of America's most northern state, through Alaska's rugged forests and wildlife. Your destination: the magnificent, six-million acre Denali National Park and Reserve. Familiarize yourself with the park, walking its trails with a guide, and choose from optional excursions to personalize your adventure. Keep binoculars close at hand: this dazzling and vast wilderness is home to Dall sheep, eagles, wolves, migrating caribou, and grizzly bears—and catching sight of them is a thrill not soon forgotten. A highlight of this adventure includes traveling aboard the historic Alaska Railroad with superior viewing from your upgraded glass-dome seat.
- Be on the lookout for vast wildlife including moose, Dall sheep, eagles, wolves, migrating caribou, and grizzly bears.
- Familiarize yourself with Denali National Park, walking its trails with naturalists nearby.
- Enjoy a special dinner including a presentation by a Murie Science & Learning Center educator.
- Listen to an Alaskan homesteader’s tale of summiting Denali.
- Admire the rugged forests and wildlife with superior viewing from your upgraded glass dome seat aboard your reserved rail car on the Alaska Railroad.
- What's included: 1 night accommodation at Pike's Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks, 3 nights accommodations at Grande Denali Lodge, and 1 night accommodation at Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage; 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, and 2 receptions; motor coach and rail transport to/from Denali National Park; hotel courtesy shuttle between Grande Denali Lodge, the Denali Park Visitor Center, town, and the rail depot; a full-day wilderness tour into Denali National Park (including a box lunch) with your Orbridge Expedition Leader and a Murie Science and Learning Center naturalist guide; a lively dinner event with a special presentation from a Murie Science and Learning Center educator, plus an engaging discussion with Jimmie Hendricks, a colorful local who will share his experiences of homesteading and eventual summiting of Denali; visits to the Museum of the North and Alaskan Pipeline; transport aboard the distinguished Alaska Railroad with upgraded glass-domed service, including reserved seating in the upper-level glass-dome car, priority seating in the dining room for lunch and dinner and two complimentary alcoholic and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages; services of an Orbridge Expedition Leader; gratuities for Orbridge Expedition Leader, local guides, drivers, porters, housekeeping, and wait staff for included meals; airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.