African Expedition by Private Train
Explore the diverse sights of four African countries during this private train expedition. This specially curated journey takes you through the inspiring landscapes of South Africa, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe—all without the hassle of inland flights or having to re-pack suitcases each day. Highlights include the legendary Kruger National Park and Victoria Falls on the mighty Zambezi River as well as a host of destinations off the standard tourist trail, including Maputo, the Matobo National Park, and the Great Zimbabwe ruined city. You'll cover longer stretches of the route at night while you sleep peacefully in your private compartment, leaving more time for memorable excursions during the day.
– Travel in style aboard the African Explorer as you follow a unique route through South Africa, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe.
– Discover stunning wildlife while on an extensive safari through Kruger National Park.
– Enjoy the Panorama Route as you travel by bus through the rugged Drakensberg mountain range. This legendary route winds along the steeply sloping Drakensberg escarpment, offering spectacular views across the plains of the Lowveld, more than 3,000 feet below.
– Spot for members of "The Big Five" during a safari at the Makalali Game Reserve.
– At Zambezi National Park, explore the Zambezi River by boat with the chance of viewing elephants and hippos up close.
– Visit Matobo National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to view the grave of Cecil Rhodes, who founded the colonial territory of Rhodesia, today’s Zimbabwe.
– Set out for a full day safari at Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s largest and most important game reserve, renowned for its herds of elephants and Cape buffalo.
- 10 nights accommodations aboard the African Explorer train, plus 1 night each deluxe lodging at Pretoria, Kruger National Park, and Victoria Falls
- 13 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 12 dinners—including a special farewell dinner
- All excursions described in the itinerary, including admission and park fees
- Expert naturalist guides throughout, including an Orbridge Expedition Leader. Access to onboard physician.
- Transfer and excursion transportation aboard air conditioned buses
- Gratuities for Orbridge Expedition Leader, onboard guides, drivers, porters, attendants, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times