+ Program Overview
The Polar Bears of Churchill
November 12, 2013 – November 17, 2013
Much like the bears themselves, visitors make their way to Churchill each fall when temperatures drop, brimming with anticipation. The reward: experiences of a lifetime. On this wildlife expedition, surrounded by experts and featuring up-close experiences, be part of an extraordinary natural phenomenon and unforgettable adventure.
Call for more info
- Begin with a private reception and five-course welcome dinner at the Manitoba Museum along with a presentation on Hudson Bay history.
- Learn about Churchill's unique ecosystem at the Northern Churchill Studies Centre.
- Enjoy two expeditions aboard a custom-designed Tundra Buggy to view the polar bears in their natural environment with an Orbridge Expedition Leader. A Polar Bears International Field Ambassador will join you on one of the Tundra excursions.
- Hear tales of arctic racing and experience dog sledding for yourself on boreal forest trails.
- Discover the cultural history of this region during a guided tour through the Eskimo Museum and a talk with a Parks Canada park ranger.
- Relax: included are all meals, full guiding services, gratuities, all excursion transportation and entry fees; and five nights accommodations.