Get a taste of Germany on a journey to the country’s most renowned sites during Oktoberfest, the world’s largest fair. Prost!
+ Program Overview
German Highlights: A Study of Beer
September 24, 2013 – October 05, 2013
Raise your glass and celebrate Germany’s dynamic history, ancient architecture, and merry tradition.
Call for more info
- Travel through beer country alongside Robin Shepard, associate professor of life sciences communication at the University of Wisconsin and prize-winning author of Wisconsin’s Best Breweries and Brewpubs from the North American Guild of Beer Writers.
- Take in the riverside towns on a cruise along the Rhine, and ride first class on the Eurocity train from Düsseldorf to Berlin.
- Enjoy dinner at the most famous brewery in Munich—the Hofbräuhaus—a colorful atmosphere during Oktoberfest.
- Learn about Germany’s handcrafts at a woodcarving demonstration and their passion for wine in Heidelberg castle’s wine cellar.
- Stand in awe at the amazing architecture of the Kölner Dom, King Ludwig’s Neuschwanstein Castle, Munich’s Old and New Town Halls, and St. Sebald Church, among others.
- Taste some of the oldest beer recipes in the world after a tour at the Weihenstephan Brewery in Freising, previously a monastic brewery that opened nearly a thousand years ago.