+ Program Overview
Flavors of Northern Italy
May 26, 2012 – June 03, 2012
With a beautiful working wine estate near Verona as home-base, explore the rich Veneto and Emilia Romagna producing regions of Northern Italy. Inspired by the traditions behind its celebrated wines and cuisine, find the sources of delicious cheeses, salumi, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Learn the craft behind specialties like slow-cooked, Amarone-infused risotto. From farm to kitchen to table, discover why authentic Italy and its way of life are so delightful.
Call for more info
- Create and taste your own gnocchi di pane, brodo di carne, and dolci chocolate salami, among other authentic dishes.
- In the famed Valpolicella and Trentino wine regions, visit picturesque vineyards and sample local varietals.
- Listen closely while Giuseppe, Luciana, Silvia, and other makers of local foods and wines divulge their ancient traditions.
- Unpack once and make yourself at home at an old wine estate and farmhouse, surrounded by great food and wine, and wonderful people.
- Stroll the historic town of Soave in the cheese making area of Lessinia and visit a family-run artisan cheese producer.
- Relax: included are all lessons, tastings, excursion transportation, admission fees, 7 nights accommodations, and meals including 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 7 dinners.