Embark upon a journey that many travelers spend their lives dreaming about as you travel across Canada by rail. Begin in charismatic Toronto, where you'll visit the awe-inspiring Niagara Falls and an Ontario winery before boarding VIA Rail's The Canadian. Then enjoy the comforts of your cabin as the train winds its way through breathtaking landscapes: the central Canadian prairies, Canadian Rockies, and Pacific Northwest. Delight in the magnificent views from the dome car and indulge in inspired meals prepared by onboard chefs.
+ Program Overview
Toronto to Vancouver by Rail
Discover the majestic beauty of Canada on a nostalgic rail journey that brings back the golden age of train travel.
Call for more info
- Experience the thundering beauty of Niagara Falls up close, with the spray on your face and your skilled captain guiding you safely close to its amazing power.
- Dine at the top of Toronto—delight in a three-course dinner at 360 Restaurant within iconic CN Tower, featuring a view of Toronto more than 1,150 feet below.
- Enjoy the serenity of travel by rail as you spend three full days unplugged from the outside world, with the beauty of the Canadian wilderness unfolding before you.
- Relax at leisure within your private Prestige Class stateroom—providing 50% more living space than other class cabins—featuring a picture window that's 60% larger than standard cabin windows, a leather couch by day that transforms into a comfortable double bed with luxury linens by night, heated floors and walls, private en suite bathroom with shower, flat screen TV with video selection, and turndown service. Prestige Class amenities also include personalized concierge service, priority seating in the dining car, and complimentary snacks and drinks in the Park car 24-hours a day.
- Awake each day to majestic, panoramic views outside your cabin's picture window. Inside The Canadian, many amenities await you among the first-class, art deco style cars, with abundant leisure time to enjoy them all.
- From your stateroom, or from seats in the Prestige Park lounge and dome cars, admire the vastness and diversity of Canada—starting at the shores of Lake Ontario, traversing across five provinces—including expansive prairies and the Canadian Rockies—and ending in Vancouver.
- Savor the best in Canadian cuisine with a selection of local and regional specialties prepared by onboard chefs and served on the dining car’s elegant china. Three-course lunches and five-course dinners include specialties like Veal Chop with Cajun Spices, Canadian Lake Trout, and Pan-Seared Duck, served with complimentary beer or wine.
- Learn about the landscape, history, and people of Canada's provinces through onboard lectures and presentations.
- For a grand finish, cosmopolitan Vancouver awaits, with its renowned sights and fabulous seafood.
- What's Included: 2 nights hotel accommodations; 4 nights accommodations in Prestige Class onboard VIA Rail's The Canadian; 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 5 dinners including a special welcome dinner and a farewell lunch (meals and bar orders are included while aboard the train); full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director; gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, housekeeping staff, VIA Rail attendants, and wait staff for included meals; and private group transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.