+ Program Overview
Jewish Heritage by River Ship
August 12, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Discover, as is only possible aboard a river ship, the treasures of the Danube—an ancient waterway distinguished with more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than any other in Europe. Experience the enduring places and fascinating people who tell the history of the Jewish community in Europe, including special lectures and insight from a survivor of the WWII concentration camp, Terezin.
Call for more info
- Spend two nights in Budapest prior to embarkation. With your local guide, enjoy a special panoramic city tour including an excursion to the Jewish Quarter, one of the largest communities in Eastern Europe.
- Hear personal accounts from Dr. Auerbacher of her survival during the Holocaust.
- Enjoy a full day exploring Vienna including a guided panoramic tour, and choose to attend an optional evening concert.
- View Kaiserburg Imperial Castle in Nuremberg and visit its quaint town center, or visit the Bavarian town of Roth for guided sightseeing.
- Near Passau, choose between two optional, full-day excursions: a trip to Salzburg to view the popular sites from the setting of The Sound of Music, or visit Český Krumlov—also known as the "Pearl of the Bohemian Forest."
- In Regensburg, take in the architectural highlights during a guided walk across its famous Stone Bridge, plus visit the Document Neupfarrplatz Museum.
- Spend three days in Prague after disembarkation. Take a guided walk of the city, the Jewish Quarter, and join an included excursion to Terezin.
- What’s Included: 2 nights accommodations at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge; 7 nights accommodations aboard the Avalon Expression; 3 nights accommodations at the InterContinental Prague; 12 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 7 dinners (dinners on board are served with complimentary regional wine and beer), cuisine served during this program is not Kosher; onboard activities; all gratuities, transportation, port charges, and entrance fees to included sites; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.