+ Program Overview
National Parks & Lodges of the Old West
July 11, 2015 – July 20, 2015
Trace the legends and natural splendors of the American West. The country our ancestors dreamed about—and that still resides in our nation’s great parks—is filled with beautiful scenery, abundant wildlife, hiking, storytelling, and incredible historic lodges you will write home about.
Call for more info
- Experience the diverse wonders of our National Parks accompanied by two Orbridge Expedition Leaders.
- Overnight in landmark lodges that are national treasures themselves.
- Enjoy a chuck wagon cook-out after a visit to Custer State Park, a wildlife reserve with scenic lakes, dramatic granite spires, and lush grasslands where bison herds roam.
- Marvel at the grandeur of Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Memorial, and the world’s largest mammoth site, where scientists are excavating remains of woolly mammoths from 26,000 years ago.
- See the dramatic effects of Yellowstone’s volcanically active caldera with visits to otherworldly geothermal sites including Fountain Paint Pots and Old Faithful Geyser.
- Relax: Included are full guiding services of two Orbridge Expedition Leaders, 9 nights accommodations, all gratuities, airport transfers for guests on suggested flights, luggage porterage, and meals including 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 6 dinners.