Find your own words for small-ship exploration in one of the planet’s most thrilling destinations for nature-lovers. The up to 9,800-foot deep waters of this Biosphere Reserve contain the largest and most varied population of whales, a multitude of endemic species, and possibilities for unforgettable up-close wildlife viewing found nowhere else—including a panga ride in Magdalena Bay, where gray whales celebrate at the end of their long migration from the North Paciﬁc.
+ Program Overview
Sea of Cortez
Jacques Cousteau famously called it "the aquarium of the world." According to John Steinbeck, it's "ferocious with life."
Call for more info
- Spend 7 nights on the deluxe Safari Endeavour, where hydrophones and a bow-mounted underwater camera bring aboard sights and sounds of teeming sea life, and binoculars in shared viewing areas guarantee you won’t miss a splash.
- Whether by kayak, skiff, paddle board, small sail boat, or on foot, get up close to a fantastic diversity of wildlife, including sea lions, giant Pacific manta ray, pods of dolphins, and whales.
- In the rich gray whale breeding ground of Magdalena Bay, watch as whales breech nearby, inviting you into an incredible connection with nature that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Stroll through the picturesque seaside town of Loreto; share stories at Bahia Agua Verde; and roam forests of the world’s tallest cactus on Isla San Francisco.
- Relax: included are all excursions, presentations, beverages, and meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners), as well as airport transfers for guests on suggested Nights.